KWSH — Agile Project Management Change the way you do survey, get rid of the old ways of doing hardcopies survey and digitalise this process.
KWSH — Agile Project Management
Change the way you do survey, get rid of the old ways of doing hardcopies survey and digitalise this process.
Kwong Wai Shiu Hospital (KWSH) is one of the oldest charitable healthcare institutions in Singapore. Founded on values of compassion and serving the community, KWSH’s Community Management Services (CMS) team conducts community Ageing-in-Place surveys for seniors living in its vicinity to understand the experiences and challenges faced by seniors (aged 60 years old and above) about factors influencing health outcomes that can be addressed in the community settings.
Kwong Wai Shiu Hospital
Multi User Dashboard & CMS
From physical to digital
Previously, volunteers would use hardcopy survey forms when interviewing the seniors. Volunteers then hand the documents to the staff for data entry. Hipster digitalized KWSH’s survey process. By developing an intelligent real-time tabletV app and backend survey software, volunteers can collect data from interviewees onsite via a tablet app at HDB blocks. KWSH’s staff then manage the surveys and data in the backend.
Challenges to solve
- Manual data entry is labour intensive and prone to errors
- Manual organizing of the data and sharing of data analytics to relevant stakeholders
- Ensure security and restrict access of data at all times
- Easy administration of multiple survey types concurrently
After discussion with the KWSH’s team, we found that the majority of the interviewees are seniors. With that, we designed a tablet app that caters to the seniors’ needs.
Here are some well thought out features we have implemented:
- Option to change the survey font size (with three options to pick from)
- Question validation (When the respondent skips a required question, the system prompts them to answer it before proceeding to the next section)
- Skip logic (what question or page a respondent sees next is based on how they answer the current question)
- Various questions and answers layout templates to choose from
Previously, volunteers would use hardcopy survey forms when interviewing the seniors. Volunteers then hand the documents to the staff for data entry. Hipster digitalized KWSH’s survey process. By developing an intelligent real-time tablet app and backend survey software, volunteers can collect data from interviewees onsite via a tablet app at HDB blocks. KWSH’s staff then manage the surveys and data in the backend.
Converting data into insights
As for data analytics, it is pretty extensive as we can track:
- How much time does it take to complete each survey
- Total no of surveys completed for the month and year
- Total no of surveys attempted for the month and year (Tracking surveys that are drafted, completed, and unavailable)
- Total survey attempted by Volunteers for the month and year
- Total survey attempted at each postal code for the month and year
- How many times the survey have been unavailable
Benefits of a survey app
Overall in the backend, KWSH’s staff is able to create new and edit surveys, choose from multiple question types, and send notifications to volunteers via the tablet app. Authorized volunteers have unique login IDs and can only access surveys assigned to them.
All-in-one Tablet Solution
Volunteers only need to carry 1 tablet from block to block and can access the survey with or without internet connection.
Skip Question Logical flow
Volunteers are able to skip questions on a case-by-case basis. This enables them to facilitate the survey process better and with flexibility.
Secure Cloud Storage
All surveys are stored in the cloud and there is no need for physical storage. The database is encrypted and securly stored with automatic back-ups in place.
Staff can reach out to volunteers in a timely fashion by sending push notifications to their tablet devices.
Real-time Analytics and Insights
Staff and KWSH’s management can easily view insights and real-time analytics of the results collected. This enables the team to perform in-depth analysis on the data collected. They are able to also share/export the results with at a centralized backend system.
Run Multiple Surveys Simulteously
Administrators can set up multiple surveys with different question flows. Furthermore, different teams can use the platform at the same time, with varying access rights assigned to them.