1. Which is the better choice between Progressive Web App (PWA), Native App, or Hybrid App?
All 3 types of apps have pros and cons. For a simpler solution, a tighter budget and a shorter timeline, PWA is the most ideal. For solutions that aren’t complex such as content-based platforms, Hybrid apps are a good choice since it runs on only one code source across Android and IOS. For more customisable solutions that tap into the phone’s hardware and functionalities such as its camera, Native apps are an excellent choice.
2. What is the best technology for mobile apps?
All technologies have pros and cons. Generally, we recommend Flutter for Hybrid apps, Swift for Native iOS apps, and Kotlin/Java for Android apps.
3. How do you calculate your cost? What does it look like?
Depending on the scope, complexity, and technologies utilized, the cost may vary from S$10,000 to S$200,000. We can discuss the options after a better understanding of your needs.
4. How long does it take to develop a digital product?
Depending on the project scope, the time required may vary between 3 months to 12 months. We recommend launching in phases for projects that take more than six months, starting with an MVP and working towards a full product launch.
5. Is it recommended to develop a Minimum Viable Product (MVP) or a complete product?
We recommend an MVP to release a product to the market as quickly as possible, testing the demand and getting feedback from your users. Especially for startups, the MVP can help mitigate risks and focus on identifying the essential features that customers need.
6. Should I create a dedicated website for my app?
We recommend a dedicated website for your mobile app since the website serves several functions and enables you to:
- bridge content, allowing you to publish content freely without limitations. Publishing an app comes with an extensive list of guidelines for content uploaded. You can go in-depth about the specific features and add as many screenshots on a website
- have a tracking domain
- have a website that improves the SEO for your app, resulting in better search results
- share information with those who are not yet app users
- have a marketing channel to redirect users on the website to download the app or give feedback directly
7. What marketing tools do you integrate into the mobile app?
Although we do not provide marketing services, we integrate tech tools that help you to automate marketing and track the ROI. Depending on your target audience, here are some suggestions:- SEO (Search Engine Optimization) & SEM (Search Engine Marketing)
- Email Marketing
- Social Media Marketing
- Referral marketing
8. How do you track data analytics?
We use MixPanel or Google analytics within the web app that shows behaviour analytics. We will create customized analytics in an admin panel for monitoring transactional data, such as the number of signups, number of paid users, and number of transactions over a period
9. Would you do the complete prototype and test with real users before coding?
We use MixPanel or Google analytics within the web app that shows behaviour analytics. We will create customized analytics in an admin panel for monitoring transactional data, such as the number of siIt may sound tempting to skip the high-fidelity prototype creation to save time. However, from our experience from over 50 projects, we discovered that high-fidelity prototype testing and iterations could dramatically reduce development time and cost. We recommend prototyping to save time and deliver a quality product that users have already tested.
10. What is your development process?
1. Discover, define and strategise: researching the problem space, framing the problem to be solved, gathering data and information, and initial direction. Some of the activities could result in an understanding of users, problems to be solved, opportunities, and a shared vision among stakeholders.
2. Requirement gathering, User research, Competitor research, wireframing
3. High fidelity prototype and real-user feedback (3-5 iterations )
5. UAT (User Acceptance Testing)
7. Extending and improving further.
8. Repeat from step 1
11. What factors attribute to the cost?
1. Target Market (Number of languages required, such as English, Chinese, Korean, etc.)
2. Number of targetted users
3. Features needed
4. Number of screens
5. Number of different types of users within the system (vendor, user, admin, third party)
6. Integrations like social media, payment integration, marketing, and analytics tools
7. Type of support needed
12. What pricing models do you support?
1. Project basis for well-documented and specified projects
2. Dedicated teams on a fixed monthly fee
3. Hourly rates for small tasks or tasks which need some experiments or research.
13. How do you charge after-support?
Depending on project requirements, you can select from one or a combination of our four support models
1. You can buy hours and use them once you need support from our team
2. You can get a separate quote for new features and changes required
3. If your project needs dedicated technical support because it is tech-oriented, we also offer full-time teams
At Hipster Inc., we don’t charge for bug fixes and give 12 months of free support after the project closes
14. What is your team structure for my project?
Any of our project teams will consist of a business tech analyst, a project manager, UI/UX designer(s), and developer(s).
15. What is the process of UI/UX in detailed steps?
- Requirement gathering
- User research
- Competitor research
- High fidelity prototypes and
- Real users’ testing and feedback (3-5 iterations)
- Hand over to developers and support
16. What are the documentations provided to customers?
- Project Management
- Plan Requirement Specifications
- Functional Specifications
- Prototype Specifications
- User Interface Standard specifications and Design Guideline Interface Specifications
- User Acceptance Test Plan
- Training Plan
- User Manual /User Guide
- Performance and Load Test Communication Plan(s)
- Operation Manual
- Exit Plan
- System Support Plan and Procedures/Operations Manual
- Problem Escalation and Resolution Management
- Infrastructure documents and architecture diagram
- Security escalation and resolution plan document
- From time to time, penetration test reports and security review documents
17. What is your response time?
For any time-sensitive issues (an urgent task that halts the operation of a system), our response time is within one hour and the issue will be fixed within the same day.
For general support questions, our reply is typically within the same day.
For additional features or amendments in features, we typically produce iterations within the week. Discussions and updates are also shared during project weekly or bi-weekly meetings.
18. What are the security controls for my system and data stored in the cloud?
- AWS WAF
- Rollbar for all logs
- Security groups (Firewall)
- Cloudwatch to track the records and log reading
- Encryption at rest and in transit
- AWS Shield
- AWS WAF
- VPC block to access private resources outside of the network
- Regular penetration tests
20. What type of development methodology do you use?
We use agile methods as the preferred option, but we use the waterfall model in complex organizations where many departments need to signify approvals.
21. What is your value add that sets you apart from other development companies?
We use agile methods as the prefer- Notion.com
- We business partner with you and find out the unique “thing” your company has to offer (price aside)
- A proven track record and cross-industry experience
- Proactive suggestions from our in-house team with the aim of ensuring the digital product we develop for you makes your business a success
22. Is having similar experience a key factor for my digital product development?
It is always a good idea to check out the development company’s portfolio to see if they have completed similar projects. It’s okay if they have not done anything too identical, but it does help when they understand your business, and the purpose of technical revamp and impact.
23. What’s your experience working with clients of my industry/size/type/region?
The more experience they have in a similar industry, country, or language, the more insights, and quality they can put into your product and organization. As an example, someone who has never worked in China won’t know their integrations, payment gateways, user flows, and design language.
24. How can I find information about previous collaborations?
A company with successfully delivered designs for digital products will have a rich portfolio of well-documented and data-driven case studies to read and see and have some references to talk to their previous clients.
25. Where can I find your previous customer’s opinions on how you collaborate?
Check references. A good idea is to call or email three existing customers to verify their customer experience.
25. What research do you conduct during your design process?
We conduct a wide variety of research including conducting user interviews and other user research, and competitor research such as checking app reviews and competitor audits. We focus on human-centred design and endeavour to really know the product’s target to ensure we meet your business goals through the creation of the digital product.
26. Have you received awards for your designs?
Our clients often win awards for the apps we have developed. The app we created for Tueetor was selected as the smartest app in Asia and they were awarded in Hong Kong after we redesigned the app in 2017.
27. Do you charge per hour, per month, or a lumpsum?
Our clients often win awards for the apps we have developed. The app we created for Tueetor was We offer numerous structures and the client can decide the most suitable structure for their project.
- Fixed project-based tasks (Scope must be fully finalized)
- Time and material- based (most flexible but unpredictable sometimes)
- Dedicated team hires (with fixed costs per month)
- Bulk man-hours charged in advance (discounted time and material-based charges)
28. What is your design creation process?
At Hipster we practice design thinking in all aspects of the creative stage and work with an agile, iterative approach. We do our research, discover, define, strategize, and prototype. We believe that when the design process is correct, the end product will shine.
29. What are your design decisions based on?
Our design decisions always focus on:
- End-user experience and user needs
- Business needs
- A combination of tactics and strategies to get the maximum out of possible time and cost
30. Do you provide Project Managers to support project development?
Yes, each project has a project manager who is the point-of-contact. The project manager keeps timelines and sends the client’s progress report. The product manager takes care of issues like budget tracking, work gain, and bug fixes.
31. How do you measure the success of our app/website/platform?
We measure success on two planes— business and user goals. We define KPIs for your product on an annual basis, such as:
- App Store / Playstore rating
- Security of system
- Cost strategy
- Flexibility to change the system if the business pivots
- Ease of integration
32. How will you incorporate my feedback into the design process?
Feedback is categorized within the design process and then prioritized. Clients usually give direct feedback, and if it is critical, we will work on it immediately. Otherwise, it can be included in the next process cycle iteration.
33. How are you going to ensure a consistent and scalable design?
We create a style guide before starting any design work, which internally creates a holistic approach to problems, ensures usage of the same methodologies and patterns, and externally allows for the best experience every time a client uses the product.
34. How do you usually start a collaboration? What are the first steps?
We believe in having a transparent and straightforward onboarding process and onboarding question list along with a discovery workshop for a better understanding of your business, your market, your customers, your short term and long business goals. We endeavour to always have a proactive approach.
35. What are the usual challenges in digital product development?
In any digital product development, there are a few areas to cater to. We mitigate the risks with processes subdivided into the following scopes:
- Technological selection
- Security breaches
- Development timeline
- Point of contact
- Service Level Agreement
36. Do you outsource for design and development?
Our teams are in-house. We do not outsource to have more control over product quality, communication and timelines.
37. What defines the project as completed when designing and developing the digital product?
The digital product is closed as completed when:
- UAT is completed and the product has no bugs or issues
- It can be integrated with the system to go live
- The purpose and goals of creation are met
- Customers approve
At Hipster Inc, we also have a three-month monitoring period before we classify the product as closed.
38. What tools do you use during the design process?
- Sketch/Figma/Adobe XD for interface design
- Zeplin/InVision/Marvel/Principle/Figma for prototyping
- Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator for graphic design
- Miro/Maze for discovery
39. How will you keep me updated about work progress?
A dedicated Project manager is assigned to your project. The Project Manager is also responsible for conducting weekly meetings where all team members and stakeholders can come and share their thoughts on progress.
40. What kind of prototyping do you employ?
Depending on the complexity of the product, we create one or a combination of Low-fidelity, Mid-fidelity, or High-fidelity prototypes.
41. How do you protect your data and cloud?
In a digital world full of security breaches and threats, we focus on security on multiple levels, namely:
- Infrastructure security (optimization of distributed infrastructure)
- Data security (data encryption and firewalls)
- Code security (best practices)
- Security tests (penetration tests and vulnerability assessments)
42. How can I make sure the progress is going smoothly?
Our weekly meetings and progress reviews ensure you avoid any end-result surprises. You can also always access the digital product progress anytime with project management tools.