Junior Android Developer
Full time in Lucknow, India
An Android Developer is a Software Developer who specializes in designing applications for the Android marketplace. The Android marketplace is the direct competitor to Apple’s app store. This means most of an Android Developer’s job revolves around creating the apps we use on our smartphones and tablets. Android Developers can either work in-house for a large organization, or they can be employed by an App Development agency. This is a role within our Managed Services team, whose goal is to keep client environments and applications running smoothly.
- Develop features in native Android applications based on feature specifications and technical designs
- Contribute to creating feature specifications and technical design schematics
- Troubleshoot, support, and build upon pre-existing technology solutions within existing architecture/patterns
- Contribute to requirements gathering and analysis activities such as storyboarding, developing use cases, and creating functional requirements specifications
- Create and build out database models, then surface data to user interfaces by using object-oriented techniques, often using object-to-relational mappers
- Create user interfaces through Layout Editor or through code
- Take responsibility for feature-focused unit and system testing (built both by you and others).
- Contribute to facilitating acceptance testing procedures and monitoring results
- Participate in code reviews.
· Bachelor or Masters degree in Computer Science or related technical fields
· Contagious enthusiasm for building high-quality software products
· Track record of technical leadership; the ability to drive critical decisions when faced with ambiguity
· 2+ years of hands-on experience in mobile development
· Excellent system design and object-oriented design skills
· Excellent coding abilities and deep understanding of the Android SDK
· Bonus points for Android NDK, JNI knowledge.
· Strong analytical, problem-solving, and debugging skills.
· Foster innovative environment with peers and staff.
· Ability to discuss and provide architectural and technical guidance to a team of highly skilled engineers.